Monday, July 25, 2011

Exercise DVD Review: Bob Harper's Body Rev Cardio Conditioning

Today, I tried my new DVD:  Bob Harper's Inside Out Method Body Rev Cardio Conditioning.  I have been curious about these DVDs for a while now (the Inside Out Method line) since a friend of mine has been recommending and using them.  I found this one on clearance and scooped it right up!

It consists of a 60 minute intense cardio workout.  (There is also a 25 minute workout but I didn't do that one).  Many of the moves are "explosive" and kettle bell inspired.  The entire 60 minutes is constant movement with only a few moments to really stop for a break. I actually found that enjoyable since Bob makes easy transitions.  He never keeps you moving too hard for too long. 

I also loved the layout of the room.  He has 3 assistants with him, one always doing the modifications.  It is funny to watch them get tired and wiped from this workout, just like you are feeling.  You can watch them stop and cheat when Bob looks away.  Makes you feel like you aren't the only one getting their butt kicked!  Of course, you know you shouldn't follow their example.  LoL.  Also, everyone is going pretty much at their own level.  Again, it makes you feel more comfortable with the workout.

How intense was this DVD?  EXTREMELY.  I was in a well air conditioned room and by 25 minutes in, I had sweat running down my back.  I was crying and whining about the burpees.  My arms hurt.  My legs hurts.  I was tired.  I'm still tired.  And I can't wait to do it again!  Another day, after my soreness goes away.  LoL.  The only thing I could have done without in this DVD was the yelling.  I'm not a fan of the drill sergeant type trainer.  There really wasn't much of that going on though so I let it slide.  I definitely give this DVD a 2 thumbs up for an intense difficult workout that will really kick your butt!

Cupcake was fascinated and said it looks really hard too!

4 comments:

Lasherthecat said...

Woohoo!! I actually LOVE the drill sergeant approach... I love the way he says "all I need to do is..." It makes it seem like it's not going to be so hard.

I LOVE CUPCAKE!! (Great name too!) I stole the pic btw.

Lasherthecat said...

sorry that's "all I need you to do is..."

Jen's Journey said...

I may have to get this one - Thanks!

Tiffany said...

Drats! Now I'm kicking myself that I didn't look at the DVD's when we were at Borders...After your great review, ALL of your fans will scoop them up!!!
Glad you liked it...I think it's time I got some new material, myself!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...