Monday, October 3, 2011

Bad Food Confessions

I've been good yet I've been bad.  Normally, I shoot for about 80% good and 20% bad.  That is, I try to eat healthy, clean, whole foods 80% of the time and do 4/5 of my weekly workouts.  The other 20% of the time, I can splurge a bit and go a little crazy.

Well, you know I've been busy so that 4/5 of workouts has been more like 1/5 (and 0 since I got this horrible cold).

And as for my eating, its been good and its been bad.  I have been hovering around 2000 calories which is my normal... When I'm working out!  I just realized over the weekend that if I don't workout and eat 2000 calories, I will gain!  EEK!  I weighed myself today but I'm going to wait until I'm "all better" from my cold before an official weight/body fat/measurements.  Anyway, so my eating has been more like 50/50.  Which is not so great. 

So until this cold is gone, its important to concentrate on getting healthy, delicious foods!  Oh, and the cold is immensely better than last week and over the weekend.  Let's hope it will be gone by my half marathon on the 16th! 

To end, some pictures of my splurges from the weekend:

 Dinner out with Rob.  Red Lobster.  I wasn't impressed at all by my food but I did highly enjoy this cheesecake!  I know, I don't know what I was thinking.  Normally, I'm not a dessert person but I enjoyed this a lot!  Date night is a good excuse right?  (it's not by the way)

Way too much Starbucks as usual!

Homemade chicken noodle soup (made by myself and Rob together).  Even fresh chicken broth.  Yum!  This one is a healthy one except too much fat (doesn't agree with me).  Otherwise, delicious.

This was a huge splurge meal but OH so delicious.  Homemade ground beef garlic burgers (Rob ground angus beef with london broil) with nitrate free uncured bacon and mozzarella on whole wheat rolls and sweet potato fries.  Oh, so its like a healthy-inspired splurge meal.  Haha :)

I was just too excited about the Pumpkin Spice label so I took a picture.  LoL, but I do need to drink less coffee and more water!

2 comments:

Tiffany said...

burger does look good! And as for the coffee...I hear you! Wawa pumpkin spice is my fav...and now that it's cold, I find that I'm drinking more, though, I do try to have decaf as much as I can (and count it as water...) But now with the free iced coffee at Dunkin' each Monday for the next 6, what's a girl to do!?! AND, I have 2 coupon cards...one for the morning and one for the afternoon! Yikes! good thing I can get decaf! Just have to turn up the heat in the car a bit... Feel better soon and you'll do fine for your half!

livinlifeinlouie said...

I love pumpkin spice coffee. I try to make it myself, it is good, but not as good as having someone make it for you!!! haha

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...