Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Photo Challenge Day 17

Day 17 - A picture of something that has made a huge impact on your life recently

OK, so this one was again really hard!  I thought this challenge would be so easy but its definitely not.  I took the word "recently" rather loosely here.  I figured within 2 years is recently enough.  Haha.  So for today, I went with a book...

About a year ago, I read Michael Pollan's In Defense of Food.  It completely changed the way I looked at food.  I had already lost most of the weight that I needed to lose.  I never really ate a lot of processed food but what I did eat, I didn't really pay attention to ingredients lists.  I just cared that it tasted good, seemed pretty healthy, and fit into my nutrition goals for the day.  Then I read this book and I was shocked to hear about how the food industry treats processed foods!  I completely revamped how I ate.  All natural, organic, etc. is what I go for now.  If I buy anything packaged, I scour the ingredients lists for all natural igredients only.  I can never go back to being blind to what is in my food.  I am so glad I read this and am always encouraging others to read it.  I even read his Food Rules.  Basically, rules to eat by as the author says.  Next up is Ominore's Dilemma!

The explanation of the photo challenge can be found on Day 1's blog here:  Photo Challenge.   

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...